Glendalough, is a glacial valley in County Wicklow. It is renowned for its Early Medieval monastic settlement, founded in the 6th century by St Kevin, a hermit priest.
Lough Tay (otherwise known as the Guinness Lake) sits in the Wicklow Mountains of southern Ireland. It earned its nickname because it borders a large estate owned by the Guinness family. The colour of the water is such a rich brown (similar to Guinness) that the family imported the white sand on the shoreline to make it look like frothy head on a pint.
Famous film locations include PS I love You, Braveheart, and The Vikings.
- 2 hour stop at Glenalough
- Award winning guides & tour (Tripadvisor)
- P.S I love you bridge
- Visit the traditional village of Avoca, famous for hand weaving and delicious local food/drink in a traditional Irish pub.
- Several scenic photo stops.
- Guides personal touch, hand drawn map of Glendalough
- Free walking tour of Glendalough
- Visit to the Guinness lakes – owned by the Guinness corporation, you can see a lake sized pint of Guinness!!!
Departing Dublin at:
08:50 - Dublin Visitor Center
17:30 - O'Connell Street
NB: Please note that entrance fees to attractions are not included in the rates